How safe is our state? Read here and fine out!
• Approximately 2.26 persons were killed each day.
• One person was killed every 10.63 hours.
• There were 135.66 persons injured every day.
• One person was injured every 10.61 minutes.
• Alcohol Related crashes accounted for 5.35% of all crashes and 31.30% of all fatal crashes.
• Of all alcohol related crashes, 77.93% occurred in Urban areas and 22.07% occurred in
Rural areas, while 58.90% of all alcohol related fatal crashes occurred in Urban areas and
41.10% occurred in Rural areas.
• Single vehicle crashes accounted for 18.02% of all crashes and 40.45% of all fatal crashes.
• Of all Pedestrian crashes, 10.09% were fatal while 1.20% of Pedalcycle crashes were fatal.
• Crashes which occurred during daylight hours (6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) accounted for 72.7%
of all crashes.
• Motor vehicle crashes resulted in $2.893 billion in economic losses to Arizona.
• Children age 14 and younger accounted for 34 fatalities and 3,563 injuries in motor vehicle crashes
Crashes during Weekends accounted for 26.61% of all crashes and 41.91% of Fatal Crashes.
Crashes during Weekdays accounted for 73.39% of all crashes and 58.09% of Fatal Crashes.
While Urban Crashes in Arizona (82,864) accounted for 80.12% of all crashes,
they accounted for 49.07% of all Fatal Crashes (370) occurring in 2011.
While Rural Crashes in Arizona (20,559) accounted for 19.88% of all crashes,
they accounted for 50.93% of all Fatal Crashes (384) occurring in 2011.
When an auto accident happens to you, it can be a life-changing event. It is important to seek the representation of a qualified, competent attorney to protect your rights, and help to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Our expert accident injury lawyers, will do just that!
Our Car Accident Injury Law Firm is located in Mesa, Arizona, and handles cases throughout Maricopa County, including Gilbert, Chandler, Phoenix, Queen Creek, Tempe, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Cave Creek, Fountain Hills, Ahwatukee, Apache Junction, Anthem, Glendale, El Mirage, Tolleson, Goodyear, Avondale, Litchfield Park, Peoria, Surprise, Sun City and Buckeye.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to “Arizona Car Crash Statistics for 2011”
To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled “Message”, hit “Post Message.”